FPS drop and stuttering [Same issue/Another Post]

Hello to all!

I've seen some other posts here and in the Reddit community regarding the same issue, especially after version 60 came out: huge lag spikes, stutters and FPS drops while fighting monsters (big or small). With or without the "60 FPS While Hunting" option marked.

Personally, I've tried everything that I could think of. From reinstalling and clearing cache to testing different graphics options (Low, Middle, High, Very High). Both in versions 60 and the current one, version 61. Nothing seems to work.

It surely makes hunting unbearable most of the times with lack of timing for counters and dodges due to constant lag spikes.

For the record, I'm running MHNOW on a Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (Octa-Core Max 2.84GHz / Snapdragon 855 / 6GB RAM) with MIUI Global 12.5.2 (Android 11) - which is more than enough for every other game I've tested. Both on Wi-Fi and 4G.

Any news ideas or updates is appreciated!

Comments

• ShuanWuLin
    ShuanWuLin Posts: 3

Hello!

I've seen some other posts here and in the Reddit community regarding the same issue,huge lag spikes, stutters and FPS drops while fighting monsters (big or small). With or without the "60 FPS While Hunting" option marked.

Personally, I've tried everything that I could think of too.

From reinstalling and clearing cache to testing different graphics options (Low, Middle, High, Very High),Nothing seems to work.

For the record too.

I'm running MHNOW on ROG Phone 6D (Octa-Core Max 3.2GHz / MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ / 16GB RAM / Android 13).

• Case1550
    Case1550 Posts: 1

No idea why it is or what is actually causing it, if it's the game or something on my phone, but the only way to actually make the 60 FPS mode fell and look like 60 FPS on my Xiaomi 13T (EU) seems to be to turn on the refresh rate display option Android has under Developer options. If it's not enabled, it seems to be running at 30 FPS regardless of how the game is set up. I've also noticed that the same effect happens with the refresh rate indicator disabled if a popup notification (like, say, an incoming message or mail) shows up while hunting a monster, but in that case it only lasts until the end of that particular hunt, then it goes back to 30 FPS for the next one.

Recent update from MIUI 14 to Hyper OS changed nothing about this behaviour, BTW.

• Karma5126
    Karma5126 Posts: 25

nothing we can do and they seem not mention about this performance issue on android phone at all...

my friend's phone iphone xr can play this game more smooth than my lastest chip snapdragon 8 gen 3 phone

which is iqoo 12 5g (on low/medium setting with downloaded all assets stable internet connection)

• Niantic support 11
    Niantic support 11 Posts: 150 mod
    edited January 16

Hi @Thelonious3329, @Karma5126, @ShuanWuLin and @Case1550. I'm sorry to hear about the game lagging on your Android devices. Kindly verify if your device is Play Protect certified through this link for better app performance: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7165974?sjid=5633475268167548578-AP&hl=en

Post edited by Niantic support 11 on
  • Karma5126
    Karma5126 Posts: 25
    edited January 17

Yes, my device is certified.

I believe this issue is significant, yet I haven't come across any official acknowledgment regarding the performance degradation on Android, as mentioned in my previous post. It's perplexing that my friend's iPhone XR, which is over 6 years old, can smoothly run the game, while my Android device, equipped with the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 and 16GB RAM, experiences performance issues. It's disheartening that even with the latest and fastest chipset in the world, my Android device struggles to match the smooth gameplay. Notably, my device remains cool throughout the gaming session.

At least, could you please make an announcement that the team has acknowledged this issue and has plans to address and fix it? Your confirmation and communication on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Device: Iqoo 12 5G

Setting:Medium/Low

Downloaded All Assets

Apps Lastest Version

Stable Network