Game freezes

First of all I would like to say that I really love the game and would like to continue playing it.

The issue from the topic appeared on two different devices: POCO x3 Pro and Nothing Phone (1).

I've contacted support on the Poco phone however it died permanently (hopefully just because it was it's time, and not that the game killed it :v) and the support conversation did not carry to my new phone.

The issue:

When I started playing after the launch on 14/09 the game worked as intended, there were some small lags, but nothing too major. After the Diablos event the lags increased - it was frustrating, but still playable.

However, after the recent updates on 10/2 - 10/4 the game started freezing seemingly random - on the login screen, in the inventory, during a fight, after a fight etc.

Today I did around 2hrs of testing, and it seems that the app freezes every five minutes after the initial start, and also every time the big monsters are respawned.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch the app.
  2. Play normally or leave the app hanging on it's own for 5minutes.
  3. Notice that the game freezes.
  4. Wait for around 1 - 1,5min.
  5. Notice that the game is playable again until another 5minutes pass from the start of the last freeze.

I've conducted the tests on completely fresh device without apps, on a device with installed apps, with newest Android updates, and without them etc. I followed the instructions provided on the Troubleshooting page (btw. this part https://niantic.helpshift.com/hc/faq/4264-trouble-shooting-guide-android/#refresh-your-game-data does not exist in the Monster Hunter Now game, or for some reason i don't have "advanced settings" in the settings menu :)) and did all other voodoo and shenanigans, however, the outcome is still the same.

Currently I cannot play the game normally - If I want to hunt monsters I need to play in intervals paying attention to the time when I started.

I'm attaching a video (I've sped up the recording x4 times so it does not drag) that presents the issue (please note that I'm currently recording on a device with other things installed, however, I can assure you that the same happens on a completely clean device and with other wild configurations). Notice the hour - I'm logged in to the game around 22:15 and the freeze occurs at 22:20 and lets go at 22:21. This would occur again at 22:25, and so on and so on...

I would appreciate if this becomes addressed, as from what I see in the Play Store and other places I'm not the only one experiencing this problem and it is not exclusive to POCO x3 Pro and Nothing Phone (1).

Tagged:
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• LadyBehemoth
    LadyBehemoth Posts: 2

Ok, I've decided to mess around with more stuff and solved the issue on my own.

Before the updates on 10/2 - 10/4 the game was cool and dandy with the internet settings in Orange 4G network being routed through ipv6 version, however after the updates they started to cause the freezes I've described in the topic above.

After I've configured my access point to use ipv4 the issue magically disappeared.

This was fixed on Nothing Phone (1) - I can't check on POCO x3 Pro, cause he dead :v

Anyhow - for anyone experiencing any freezes I suggest to mess around with your providers settings and see if that fixes the issue for you too.