Unable to move in areas away from roads or streets

When moving into areas that aren't proper roads or streets, such as paths made for walking and biking by the riverside or through wooded areas, my in-game avatar will stop following my position, walk in place, and randomly teleport to completely different places (naturally followed by a brief restriction due to the sudden speed of movement) until i return to a street. It even happened when i was crossing a park the other day!

These are spaces where hundreds of people pass through every day, and some of them even feature the highest concentration of gathering points in my area, among which only one or two may be reachable.

Tagged:
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello, @Bionicme!

I understand that this can be frustrating, and I apologize for any inconvenience it's caused. There are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue. First, please make sure that your device's GPS setting is set to high accuracy. You can usually find this setting in the Settings app under Location Services.

Once you've checked your GPS settings, please try restarting or updating your device. This can often fix minor software glitches.

Let us know if that helps.

• Bionicme
    Bionicme Posts: 2

Thank you for the response! My GPS settings were all good while i had the issue, but i have since received an update to my phone and things now indeed work as they should.