https://community.monsterhunternow.com/ が有効化されました。お待ちいただきありがとうございました。
現在のURLは2024年4月9日午前10時から4月14日(日本時間)まで、閲覧のみ可能となります。

2024/4/9 update: https://community.monsterhunternow.com/ has been activated. Thank you for your patience.
The current Community Forum will be available for viewing only from April 94, 2024 at 10:00 (JST) until April 14, 2024 (JST).

Glitch: Firing a Bow at a monster's head at point-blank causes first salvo to hit the neck instead

Options
Stampeder
Stampeder Posts: 540

Steps

1. Equip a bow.
  2. Start a hunt against any large monster. Set Gyro to Full.
  3. At the beginning of the hunt, roll towards the monster so that you're right in the monster's face while it is just growling at you and not attacking yet.
  4. Fire your bow at the monster's head.Observe that the damage numbers that appear are white without yellow outlines, which indicates that the arrows did not hit the head and therefore did not count as a shot against a vulnerable spot.

Expected

• When shooting a monster a point-blank with a bow, the arrows should hit the monster's body surface where the arrow connects with the monster and not the body part behind that point of connection.

Notes

• Tested with Pukei Bow using Spread 4, against Kulu-Ya-Ku and Pukei-Pukei.
  • Still observed in v65.0-231110-1932.
  • See attached screenshots below of when the first salvo did not hit the head while firing at point-blank.
  • Based on the observations, it appears that the firing point of the bow clipped into the monster's body model and therefore caused the arrows to appear "inside" the monster's body and therefore "missed" the vulnerable spot and hit the spot behind the expected point of impact instead, which in Pukei-Pukei's case is the neck. When I reproduce this issue in a fight against a Kulu-Ya-Ku, if I fired a salvo from the side of Kulu-Ya-Ku's head at point-blank, the arrows will simply fly past Kulu-Ya-Ku's head, as if it wasn't there, while the powershot that follows right after the first salvo would connect as per normal because my character has taken half a step back when firing the first salvo, allowing the firing point of the bow to be before the monster's model and therefore allows the following powershot to connect normally. If I fired directly into the face of Kulu-Ya-Ku like I did against Pukei-Pukei, the arrows will just hit Kulu-Ya-Ku's neck.

2 votes

Comments